The Dr Jackson's Team: Meet Lori

Dr Lori Bystrom, Ph.D. 
Chief Scientific Officer 




What I do:
I help with creating lotions, potions and herbal tea blends, as well as making sure all of our ingredients are of the highest quality. I keep up-to-date with the latest pharmacognosy research for product research, and I help source eco-friendly packaging materials to keep mother Earth happy. I also keep the rest of the team educated about botanical names, ethnobotanical uses of plants, and science in general. 

My skin can’t live without...
Dr Jackson's 02 Night Cream! I absolutely love the fragrance and how it softens and moisturises my skin. It's especially ideal for the winter-time when my skin gets dry. The aroma of frankincense and other botanical ingredients put me at ease and help me drift away at night to get my Zzz's. 

Where to find me:
In the laboratory, making potions, or in the classroom, teaching students about ethnobotany, pharmacognosy, global food issues and sustainability. Otherwise, you can find me in a cosy corner reading botanical literature, inspecting the local flora, or wandering and pondering in a botanical garden. 


What's your favourite Christmas food?
My Mother's Christmas cardamom cookies.

Where are you spending Christmas this year?
With family and friends in the UK.

Who do you think deserves a Dr Jackson's gift set in their stocking this year?
My close friends working stressful jobs in the city. They deserve the Relax & Unwind gift set. The Relax Tea will calm their nerves and the Baobab & Rose Oil has a calming fragrance they can use as either a massage or bath oil.